Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Favorites

Some days (weeks...months...) it's easy to feel like a failure and remind ourselves of all the things we haven't accomplished. 
Source

Which is why I sometimes cheat a little and give myself little boosts of confidence when I accomplish (really) small, daily things. I certainly don't recommend losing sight of the big things we look to achieve, but sometimes it's nice to enjoy a false sense of accomplishment. Here are 10 of my favorites:

1. Cleaning. Whether it's the dishes, the apartment or just the litter box, it always feels good to un-dirty a little something in your life.

2. Folding and putting away clean laundry—especially if you're someone who has no problem leaving freshly laundered clothes in the basket all week. They are more accessible that way, after all. 

Source
3. Grocery shopping without impulse buying anything that contains chocolate or artificial cheese.

4. Only eating half of the ice cream you did cave in and buy when you had to go back to the store to get the three  forgotten items from yesterday.

5. Getting your butt out the door and working out when you really...really...do not want to.

6. Doing something social. Yes, I do congratulate myself on hanging out with someone other than my husband or a cat.

7. Doing something nice for someone else. Even if it's just smiling at a stranger or letting someone merge in front of you during rush hour.
Source

8. Showering. Hey, some days are a struggle.

9. Eating vegetables. Fruits are no problem for me. Veggies? Not so appealing.

10. Going to bed at a decent hour instead of procrastinating it all night just to resist the fact that the day is over.

Have a good weekend, and do something (semi) productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment