Friday, June 6, 2014

Friday Favorites

I don't know what it is about music in the summer, but it always seems a little extra specialwell, probably because winter is horrible and summer is not. And it's a lot more fun to sing along to a song that's blasting when you're on a boat or driving around with the windows rolled down instead of while shoveling snow or praying the car heater will kick in before you reach your destination instead of the second you arrive.
Source

All week, local radio DJs have been discussing what will be the '2014 Song of Summer.' From what I've gathered through them and the many speculations online, the main contenders include Iggy Azalea's "Fancy," Sam Smith's "Stay With Me," Paramore's "Ain't it Fun," Ariana Grande's "Problem," and Calvin Harris' "Summer."

Honestly, I think the only deserving one out of these and the others I didn't bother naming is "Fancy," but I'm also hoping for something a little easier for me to belt out at the top of my lungs when it plays every 30 minutes. My current obsession is Magic's "Rude," and that will probably be my personal summer song since my mind will always just automatically go there when I hear it.

As I await the next overly-poppy pop song that everyone but me will grow to hate, here are 15 favorites from summers past:


"I'm Gonna Be" - The Proclaimers (1993)

"Waterfalls" - TLC (1995)

"MMMBop" - Hanson (1997)

"I Want It That Way"  - Backstreet Boys (1999)

"It's Gonna Be Me" - NYSNC (2000)

"Complicated" - Avril Lavigne (2002)

"Hips Don't Lie" - Shakira (2006)

"Umbrella" - Rihanna/Jay-Z (2007)

"Leavin" - Jesse McCartney (2008)

"Airplanes" - B.o.B/Hayley Williams (2010)

"Rolling In The Deep" - Adele (2011)

"Call Me Maybe" - Carly Rae Jepsen (2012)

"Somebody That I Used To Know" - Gotye/Kimbra (2012)

"Cruise" - Florida Georgia Line/Nelly (2013)

"Closer" - Tegan and Sara (2013)

Source

After reading back through this list, I feel the need to remind you I am not 15 years old. Have a good weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment