1. Last Christmas I told my family in 2013 I would at least decide on the direction I wanted to go career-wise because I was tired of floundering around. Two months later I not only decided, I took action and quit my job for an internship. This doesn't really sound like a great thing, especially since I am now in a second internship, but for me it was a huge step out of my comfort zone - something I typically shy away from. Even though I'm "behind" in a lot of ways from my peers, I am the closest to where I want to be since college, and that is an achievement for me.
2. We went on our honeymoon! That in itself just made my year. It was one of the greatest, most fun and magical weeks of my life and something I'll always remember and cherish.
3. This year was the year of concerts. There were so many amazing artists, but seeing Taylor again was definitely the highlight for me!
4. I finally got to see Wicked, and it was even better than I imagined!
5. I was able to go watch my younger sister and brother-in-law graduate with their undergraduate degrees at the same time my older sister graduated with her master's degree. They are so smart and gifted. I will never catch up to them, but I love them and the inspiration I get from them so much!
6. There were some hilarious comedians to be seen. Hello, Seth Meyers, Aziz Ansari and Nick Offerman!
7. I took another step out of my comfort zone and joined a rec sand and indoor volleyball team with some other Jimmies in the area. I was the worst one on the team, but I probably had the most fun!
8. Malala Yousafzai became a role model the world should look up to.
9. Another (double) sister moment: Both sisters and brothers-in-law came to visit us this year - both in not-so-great weather, but both weekends were full of fun and good food!
10. As always, 2013 saw some wonderful movies. There were so many I loved! But if I had to pick just one, it would probably be The Way Way Back.
11. It was quite a year for genius statements from the outstanding Jennifer Lawrence, and I fell in love with her right along with everyone else who appreciates blunt honesty.
12. Minnesota became the 12th state to legalize same-sex marriage! Despite the gray skies and freezing temps over half the year, it's a pretty great state to live in.
13. I started this blog:)
Have a great weekend reminiscing about your 2013!